Monday, November 14, 2011

The Force is Strong with this craft...




   Resist, you cannot.... ok, bad Yoda joke but true for all you Star Wars fans.

I came up with this fun little craft while preparing for Michael's Lego Star Wars 4th Birthday party.    I wanted a craft that would entertain a bunch of sugared up 4 year olds, both boys and girls.   And if I know my four year old, if you can glue it and use markers, the craft will be a giant hit. 

I have to say, this did not disappoint!  The kids loved it and I have to admit, most of the dad's did, too.

I got the idea from this pic. I figured I could make an easy "glue it yourself" craft.   I used the same template for each of the characters and just tweaked it for Yoda, Chewbaca (my fav) and R2D2.

Template:




All the pieces cut out of construction paper and ready for the kids:  I cut out enough pieces for 10 of each character.  My hands were like claws after that.

I set up a table with elmers glue, googly eyes, markers, crayons and colored construction paper pages.  Yes, I am a brave woman, especially with my white carpet.   We thankfully had no accidents.

And here are the kid's Jedi Master-pieces.  Yes, that will be my last Star Wars pun.



Hil.ar.i.ous.   I giggled every time I walked by these little guys.







Photobucket



Tip Junkie handmade projects 
BWS tips button>>Somewhat Simpleshabby creek cottage