Saturday, September 29, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

We officially have a Kindergartener!


Michael started Kindergarten a few weeks ago and was thrilled to go to big boy school.
(Hansel the cat was thrilled to photo bomb my pics)

I shared a few first day pics with my family, but have finally gotten around to writing a post on the day.
There were tons of smiles from Michael and a few tears from me.
I took the day off from work so I could drop him off and pick him up.
Of course, I had to work around the school bus, since that was what he was most excited about.
"Only big kids get to ride the bus, mom."

Last year, I downloaded the "First Day" templates from How She Does and LOVED it.
Here is pic from last year.




So of course I had to keep the tradition going.


Our cat Hansel (he's so hot right now) kept meowing and jumping at the 
sidelights while we took pictures so Michael wanted a few pics with him.
He's such a great kitty and watching him and Michael helped calm my nerves. 


Here is Michael and his best buddy, waiting on the bus.
They were jumping up and down with excitement. 


Running in...


My big boy all set for his new adventure.
His morning K daycare teacher drives the bus to the school.
Miss Sue is awesome.


The boys all buckled in.
It was at this point they starting dancing in there seats.
I hope he's this excited for school next year. :) 
Michael is also giving me the "take the picture already, lady" smile.


Ready to go.


And he's off!
I followed the bus to school (like the crazy mom I am) but Miss Sue was fast.
He was already in the new school building before I caught up.


I thought I would be more teary, but his excitement and happiness made him going so much easier.
I am not sure if him being "in transit" was causing me anxiety or 
just the loss of being able to control his environment.
Either way, any issues were in my head.
He had a great day and spent 20 minutes telling us every single detail of his day.

It hasn't all been perfect, though.  
We have had a few bumps the first few weeks with missing old friends, 
making new ones, and just overall learning the ropes. 

But, even with those issues, Michael has kept up his excitement over school.
We have all adjusted to the new daily schedule.
Michael is currently reading, learning to write and just began addition.
When did he become such a big boy?

XOXO,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so exciting! They grow up sooo fast. Mine started preschool this year, I wish I had thought to do a sign like you did.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!