Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ooooooh, Sparkly.


Here is a tutorial for a quick, easy and pretty pendant.

I have been on a look out for a pretty pendant on a long necklace
for some time.

I while looking for the supplies for my wire cabochon TUTORIAL,
I came across this pretty filigree circle.
A light bulb went off.

Turns out I had everything on hand to make my own necklace.
Isn't sad when you don't realize or remember all the craft supplies you have?

20 inch silver chain
3 silver jump rings
faux pearls
bead spacer
twist clasp



Add to that some heavy duty glue (I used E600),
and a needle nose and round nose plier
and I was in business.


Glue your bead spacer to the middle of your filigree circle.
Then glue your faux pearl in the middle.


Once it dries, add one jump ring.
Use both pliers to open and then close the jump ring.
Below is a picture before I closed it.
Set it aside.

Then take our chain, clasp and 2 other jump rings.
you will be attaching a jump ring to the chain and also the clasp.
Just twist open the jump ring and thread both through.


Before you repeat on the other side, be sure to slip the pendant onto the chain.


And you are done! 
Told you it would be quick and easy.
the whole project took about 5 minutes minutes, minus the dry time wait.

It looks really cute with both dresses and pants and I love it.
I couldn't get the best picture of how sparkly it is.
I even received several comments on my nice new bling.
Yeah, that's how I roll. 
lol


XOXO,
Photobucket

Linking up to these great parties:




Tuesday - Tip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * Funky Polkadot Giraffe * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * Uncommon * The Southern Product Queen Jillify It * Naptime Delights * In the Old Road


Wednesday - Someday Crafts *Sew Much Ado * Tea Rose Home *A Little Tipsy * The Thrifty Home * Fireflies and Jellybeans * My Girlish Whims * Gingersnap Crafts *  Raegun Wear * The CSI ProjectThe Stuff of Success * Lil' Luna * The Sasse Life * Fine Craft Guild * Savvy Southern Style * First Home Love Life * Family Home and Life * Adorned From Above








31 comments:

  1. Your pendant is beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would luv for you to share this pretty pendant tut with our readers at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2012/07/fashion-trend-for-under-500-with.html

    Thanks a lot,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower, would love if you followed back www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm visiting from All Star Block Party. This is so lovely!! Thanks for the tutorial!! I'll have to try it out! I LOVE sparkly! :) I am now a new follower and would be honored if you would visit and follow me back at http://lifeofblocks.blogspot.com/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melyssa,
    This is a beautiful pendant. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/surf-spray-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really smart! I've always wondered what to do with filigrees! I want to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Thank for sharing! Hopped over from Crafty Sasse Wednesday and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit and follow me back. Have a great night. Judy :) http://www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I am following you back via GFC. Love your chalk board screen. :)

      Delete
  10. I love it! Thanks for the great tutorial. I'm your newest follower from Creative Princess Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is pretty neat! Will have to try this.
    Blessings,
    Susie
    Block Party

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm Shar!
    Your newest follower from the blog hop!
    Come visit me over at http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com"

    Pearl(s) + Sparkles = Pretty! :) Thanks for the tutorial!

    xoxo ♥ -Shar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this necklace! So pretty! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award come on over & see what it's about! http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/07/the-versatile-blogger-award.html Have a great week! :)

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so so pretty! Wonderful job! Now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very clever you are! I thought you had bought the pendant but you made everything:) Outstanding! Such a beautiful end result. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so easy to make and lovely sparkly!
    Thank you for linking it up at http://www.FineCraftGuild.com
    Hope to see you again later today with something else fabulous!!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!