Friday, January 20, 2012

Those are some Angry Birds.



So this is what those pesky 1X1 glass tiles have been transformed into

Angry Birds Magnets!

I had originally made these little guys last year for an auction
to benefit a group of 
Incredible, Sweet, Supportive, Hot, Funny and Creative moms.
{Go OOF!}

As soon as my little Angry Birds addict saw them, he fell in love.
I promised him I would make him a set of his own.
Better late than never, right?

So a bit of a flashback to my last kiln POST
These little guys were pretty fiesty and I had to start from scratch.

When I finally opened up the big kiln and found perfect little clear tiles,
I was thrilled!



 I gathered some pics and created a little Angry Birds printable last year
and picked my favorite feathered friends.
Oh, and some of those mean little pigs, too.


Get your Angry Birds printable page HERE.

So here is my list of materials to create this fun little guys.


Clear Glass Tiles or Blobs
Angry Birds printable
Mod Podge and Brush
Magnets
Strong Glue
Pen and Scissors 

First, Take you glass tile and make sure the image fits.


I do this for all my tiles and images.


Trace around each tile with your pen and cut out the shape.
Be sure to cut inside the line.
I also line up my tiles in the same order and set aside.



Grab your first tile and corresponding cut out.
Paint a layer of Mod Podge to the back of the tile

and then place the picture
Face Down on the Mod Podge.


Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the back of the paper 
and set aside to dry.
You should apply at least 3 coats, allowing drying time in between.


Once dry, take your magnets and apply some glue to the back.
Center the magnet on the back of the tile and press.
Let Dry.


Notice how I have them spaced out?
If you keep the magnets too close they will pull towards eachother.
(Yes, this is from experience and a mess of glue and magnets everywhere.)


And here is the finished product!


Super cute, functional and 
they made my little man giggle. 

Ok, they make me giggle, too.  I love them.
Hope you do, too.


XOXO

Photobucket


Featured on:

A Crafty Soiree





Wednesday - Someday Crafts *Sew Much Ado * Tea Rose Home *A Little Tipsy * The Thrifty Home * Fireflies and Jellybeans * My Girlish Whims * Gingersnap Crafts * Creative Kristi * Raegun Wear * The CSI Project* The Stuff of Success * Lil' Luna * The Sasse Life
Thursday - Somewhat Simple * The Shabbycreek Cottage * Thirty Handmade Days * The 36th Avenue * Thrifty 101 * A Creative Princess * House of Hepworths * The Artsy Girl Connection * Katie's Nesting Spot * Between U and Me * A Glimpse Inside * Christina's Adventures * Made in a DayAdventures in Dinner * 52 Mantels 
Friday - Romantic Home *Tatertots and Jello* Simply Designing * Creation Corner * Blissful and Domestic * Young and Crafty * Delicate Construction * Happy Hour Projects * Sassy Sites * A Blonde's DIY Life * Whipperberry * Little Inspiration * Serenity Now * Here Comes The Sun * Tidy Mom * Raising Oranges * Happy Go Lucky







41 comments:

  1. love it! i have a big angry birds vase in my office!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. These.are.awesome! I love angry birds (of course) and these crack me up! What a cute idea :)

    Also.. I would love for you to link these up to my Friday party if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are obsessed with these little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I didn't get the whole angry birds thing until I got an iphone for Christmas....now I get why they are so popular:) Stopping by from TT&J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. My kids LOVE to watch me play angry birds, they get such a kick out of seeing them go flying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute those little glass angry birds!!! thanks for sharing and thank you for dropping by : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those magnets are so cute! Now following you! Thanks for stopping by The Sunday Social at The Kurtz Corner! Hope to see you around the blog-o-sphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love these! I am an Angry Birds addict too, and there something about them that makes them so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They made me giggle too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Pinning them! :) Thanks for sharing. I have a degree in Ceramics. Sold my studio equipment two years ago. :( The image of your kiln made my heart skip a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are too, too cute. I have made some maganets similar to these with the clear flat glass stones you buy at the Dollar Tree. I think I'll make some of these little cuties with them. I have a ton of stones left over.

    Your tutorial is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great. I love them.
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these! Thank you so much for posting the tutorial. I'll be trying these out very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to feature these today on Blissful and Domestic tonight. Stop by and grab a button:>

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. super sweet !
    My son (12) loves playing angry birds on his Ipod touch

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute. My little boy is obsessed with Angry Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! My Godson would be all over these!

    Thanks so much for taking part in my "Beat the Winter Blues" Party. Hope you keep coming back as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! They are fantastic...my kids would just love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. uhuuu I love it. Easy to do and so cute

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so stinkin cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did these too, and my magnets scooted across my table to stick together too!! LOL! Your Angry Birds are so cute. I used photos for mine.

    I love that you made your own tiles, though - that's the most amazing part to me. I bought mine. Funny, just when I am enjoying crafting, someone comes along and says, "oh, I made this myself," and next thing I know, I'm googling kilns, LOL!

    So glad you linked up at Happy Hour Projects. (My husband will be less happy if I do, in fact, buy a kiln.) ;)

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable! I can hear angry bird sling shot sounds =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, my daughter is crazy about Angry Birds, she would get such a huge kick out of these! We just put up the new Crafty Soiree, but I already know I'm gonna feature these NEXT week. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute!! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Angry bird magnets? yes please...I'll take a dozen! How fun to have on the fridge! Now be careful, you might see some flying around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It would be cute to have a few bricks also and maybe a slingshot! LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute. My husband would love these. Ha-ha!

    Your newest follower,
    Sarah @
    www.dottedlinecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are too cute! I must admit, I love me some Angry Birds! lol

    Thanks for linking it up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I shared these on AGI's FB page. https://www.facebook.com/AGlimpseInside

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute, and so easy!! Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursdays at Thrifty 101....you've been featured! Be sure to stop by and grab an "I was Featured button". Hope to see you again this week! :)

    Michelle
    http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-thrifty-thursday-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so cute - I would to make them as party favors for my son's 8th birthday party!!! Just one question...Where do I find the little glass tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so cute - I would love to use them for my son's 8th birthday party!!! I have one question though: Where do I find the little glass tiles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to find them at the large DIY Home stores; Home Depot, Lowes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much!!! I'll check it out and see what I can find!!

      Melissa

      Delete
  32. i love your little angry birds magnets. that would be a great add-ons inside my son's party favor bag. did you used CS11302 or CS11202 for the Mod Podge? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea -- I made 100 of them for party favors for my son's 5th birthday (took quite a bit of time, I might add!). I will have to say that I had a VERY hard time finding the glass tiles in San Diego. None of the DIY stores like Home Depot and Lowes had them, nor did craft stores like Michaels. I even tried buying a sheet of clear glass tiles at a tile flooring place and tried to dissolve the backing with solvent. FYI -- this does NOT work! The paper backing is baked into the glass! I finally found it very cheaply on www.etsy.com, where I paid $20 for 100 of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wayne, I am so sorry you couldn't find the tiles. I really appreciate the etsy tip and will be sure to pass it along to others!

      Delete
  34. HI, how did you make the clear glass tiles??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      I made 1X1 inch glass tiles in my glass kiln. Here is the post. If you are interested in more specific details, please let me know!

      Delete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!