Monday, January 23, 2012

First snow of 2012


We woke up on Saturday to this bit of 
Winter Wonderland.
I like small snowfalls like this.
Just enough to be nice.

This was Luna's first snow and she was a bit confused.
Can you tell?


(Her jacket was a gift.  Seems my friends like to dress her up as much as I do.)


She jumped and twirled in front of the door trying to decide if 
the trip would be worth it.
She eventually decided to try the snow.
Walked around for 2 minutes and ran right back in.


Mr. Michael was thrilled when he saw the snow and wanted to go out with 
his cool, new Spiderman boots.
At 9:00 am.
Did I mention it was freezing?
I got him to hold off until 10:30 am.


When we have snow, I make snow paint!
Go to your Dollar Store and purchase inexpensive spray bottles.
One for each color.
I lucked out and found colored ones to match the paint.
Fill with water and a few drops of food coloring
and let the little ones go to town!


These are always a hit.
Even if he had technical difficulties with orange.


After about 20 minutes, Michael presented me with 
Colorful Snow Castles.
He did a great job. 


Once he was colored out, it was time for a sled ride with Dad.



 Not a bad way to spend a snowy Saturday!

XOXO

Photobucket


Linking up to the following parties:


Thursday - Somewhat Simple * The Shabbycreek Cottage * Thirty Handmade Days * The 36th Avenue * Thrifty 101 * A Creative Princess * House of Hepworths * The Artsy Girl Connection * Katie's Nesting Spot * Between U and Me * A Glimpse Inside * Christina's Adventures * Made in a Day * Adventures in Dinner * 52 Mantels
Friday - Romantic Home *Tatertots and Jello* Simply Designing * Creation Corner * Blissful and Domestic * Young and Crafty * Delicate Construction * Happy Hour Projects * Sassy Sites * A Blonde's DIY Life * Whipperberry * Little Inspiration * Serenity Now * Here Comes The Sun * Tidy Mom * Raising Oranges * Happy Go Lucky * The Grant Life * Toys in the Dryer
Saturday - Positively Splendid.com * Be Different Act Normal * Family Ever After *Lovely Crafty Home * Lollyjane * Funky Junk Interiors * Too Much Time On My Hands * Six Sisters Stuff * Country Momma Cooks
Sunday - The Girl Creative *The DIY Showoff * Nifty Thrifty Things *Petite Hermine * I Heart Naptime * Flamingo Toes * Cherished Treasures *My 1929 Charmer * Embellishing Life Everyday * Sunday Social * The Foley Fam






8 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE the first snow! We just had ours last week...it's so pretty...until it's not. Right now we have slush..the worst! :) I found you through the blog hop, and I really like your blog! I look forward to being your new loyal follower, when you have a chance, come by for a visit at my blog, Home is Where my Heart is @ http://cathhasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. We got our first snow this weekend and it was heartbreaking because my little kiddo couldn't go out because she's been sick. She kept staring out the window telling me, "Mama, snow." I will definitely be trying this out. I'm your newest follower. Check out what we did on our snow day if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! I love this idea. Of course, we don't see snow very often (in North Texas) but I'll remember this if we do!

    Thanks for linking up! I love seeing what your cute family is up to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute idea! but alas, here in the south we rarely get snow to make such treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so much fun - thanks for sharing how you made them!
    We are mid-summer here but I will be saving this idea.
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish we had snow! This looks like a great day.. Im jealous :)

    Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have done this before and loved it thanks for the reminder, though. Now we just have to wait for our next snow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How that looks so much fun!! We don't get snow over here.. :(

    :) Thanks so much for sharing this at Create & Inspire Party!

    Angie from ALI

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!