Monday, January 16, 2012

Beautiful and Quick Handmade Gifts

I wanted to share the last of my Christmas Handmade Gifts
these are very easy and 
SUPER CUTE!
You should keep them in mind for any gift giving opportunity.
Trust me.

First on the list were these adorable rosette bracelets.



I had first seen them via this Pinterest pin from Sew.Craft.Create.
She has the best tutorial for sewing these babies.

I opted for and different assembly technique.
And out came the hot glue gun...

I cut a circle of felt about the size I wanted the final rosette to be. 
Mine was about 2 inches.

I chose a complimentary color to the 2 fabrics I was using.
I love Green and Baby Blue.
Yellow and Baby Blue isn't bad either.

I then cut a strip of fabric approximately 14 inches long
I decided to leave the edges frayed since I liked the look.
Tie a knot at on end and then hot glue it to the center of the felt circle.
Then twist and glue until you cover the felt.


I then cut a rectangular strip of felt then width of the circle
I ran hot glue down both of the long lengths
and attached to the circle.

Take a length of chain and measure your wrist.
Cut to length.
Add a Toggle Clasp to either end of the chain with jump rings
Thread through the felt rectangle
Find where you would like to attach your charm.
Attach with a jump ring.


I made two for my friends. 
They both loved them.
The fabrics were bother very much "them".


************

Next up were another two tee-shirt scarves.
I've made one for myself earlier this year and love it.
Two of my friends commented on it so I figured they may like their own.

I used the same technique I saw on this great video.


The only difference is that I sewed my seam for the scarf.
I just like the finished look.

Just place both sides of ruffles together,
measure the length you want
and sew the seam.



************

Last up were more kiln fired bottles.


A blue cheese dish with glass beads and matching spreader.


A mini Corona bottle that makes the perfect spoon rest.
The guys LOVE these.
Turns out Corona paints the labels on their bottles,
so they stay intact after firing in the kiln.



Everyone loved their handmade gifts.
Or at least said they did...  :)

Make something from the heart.

XOXO
Photobucket

Featured on:




Featured on...Here Comes the Sun



Linking up to these fabulous parties.  Also check out my Wanna Party page.


Monday - Craftomaniac * Kristens Junk Drawer * Sarahndipities * Dittle Dattle * Skip to my Lou * Mad in Crafts * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T. * Making The World Cuter * Alderberry Hill * So Very Creative * Singing Three Little Birds *Ask Anna * Get Outta My Head Please * Three Mango Seeds * Lisa's Craft Blog * Polly Want a Crafter * DIY Home Sweet Home * Sew Can Do * Debbie-Debbiedoos 
Tuesday - Tip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * Funky Polkadot Giraffe * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * Uncommon
Wednesday - Someday Crafts *Sew Much Ado * Tea Rose Home *A Little Tipsy * The Thrifty Home * Fireflies and Jellybeans * My Girlish Whims * Gingersnap Crafts * Creative Kristi * Raegun Wear * The CSI Project* The Stuff of Success * Lil' Luna * The Sasse Life

31 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the Sunday Social. Cute blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just adorable. I have been wanting to try to learn to make these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. some great ideas! Love your green scarf - must go dig through the "Donate" box and see if there are any old t-shirts there. :)
    P.S. You make me wish I had a kiln!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kiln fired bottles. I've always wanted to try making them and wondered if they really worked. Yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Beyond my skills, but I can WISH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for great gifts - these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some really creative and cute ideas. Love the flower bracelet, how elegant and pretty. Will make some of these for a gift, thanks so much for sharing your always creative projects at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow are these real glass? They look beautiful. New follower.
    http://newyearsresolutionexercise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and easy to mix with a lot of outfits.

    Thank-you so much for taking the time to share at our Pin'Inspiration party this week. I really hope that you can take part in my "Beat the Winter Blues" party on Saturday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute bracelets. I love the mix of fabrics and metals.

    New follower from Rae Gun
    www.simply-lovely-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of those are really neat ideas! The bottle spoon rests are cute and I think they would definitely come in handy:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, impressive!! You have some lucky people in your life, benefitting from your mad skills!! :)

    Thanks for linking up at my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute gift ideas! I think my favorite is the scarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those gifts!! Lovely!! Stopping by from Thirty Handmade Days linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I'm sharing this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/hollys-first-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the blue cheese dish and spreader. I don't have a kiln though!
    The beading is a great touch, pulls the look together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by to link up at Sassy Sites ffa Friday party! Have a great weekend!

    XOXO!
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the bracelets! I'm always looking for new ideas for handmade gifts :) Also I just started a pinterest inspired linky party called Pinned it, Made it! I'd love for you to link up your pinspired creations!http://findingmywayintexas.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinned-it-made-it-2.html

    Happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found you on the Sunday Social link party. You have such cute ideas! I’m hosting a Valentine theme linky party starting tonight at 11:30. Would love it if you came by and linked up! www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those cheese dishes are fantastic, I'd definitely LOVE to get one as a gift, and the bracelets are such a sweet gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your project. I really like the bottles. Oh for a kiln!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are such great idea. Homemade gifts are always the best. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. great ideas !
    I wish I had a kiln now !

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  23. What gorgeous gifts! Beautiful charm bracelets especially!


    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cool !!!!
    I love it !!!

    Be sure and visit my Link Up! http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what an amazing collection of handmade gifts, I wish I was on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow I love them! Great job. I hope you will link up at our party!

    http://www.ourdiydiaries.com/2012/01/fab-not-drab-link-party-3.html

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for linking up to Fabulous Friday. I'm featuring this tomorrow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!