Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Enchantment Under the Sea



I need to gush about my talented friend 
Evelyn
who threw the most adorable party for he sweet little girl who turned 5!
I can't believe we have 5 year olds.

Evelyn did a ton of research online and via Pinterest and put together the most amazing
Enchantment Under the Sea Mermaid Party.
You have to see the pictures to believe it or check out her blog
The Littlest Things HERE


Here is the sign ushering you to the party room.  
She hand painted the faux wood planks she found at the craft store.


Glimpse of the party room.



Kids table centerpiece.
Michael was obsessed with the different seashells.
Evelyn even dusted each with glitter.


Those are plastic table clothes made to look like waves on the ceiling.
I love the paper lanterns.


The kids activity table
She had spiral colored hair clips, bracelets and hair glitter for the girls.
Pirate hats, eye patches and mustaches for the boys
and sea themed tattoos for all. 



The snack table.


More hand painted signs listing the snacks. 


Snail shaped chocolate croissants
PB&J Goldfish sandwiches
Goldfish


The most ADORABLE fruit kabob blowfish.
Seriously
how precious is it!!!


A personalized Keep Calm sign. <3


Mermaid punch was delicious.


How cute are these glasses?
They are from Starbucks and the straws were purchased online.


The main party table
I love how she has twinkle lights under the backdrop. 
It made the table sparkle.


Goodie Bags


Homemade cupcakes and white chocolate seashells.


Delicious sugar cookies made by another one of our friends.
Precious. 



Homemade white chocolate and graham cracker coated marshmallows
and chocolate covered Oreos.  
MMMMMMM


And here the the cake.
The bakery made the fondant look like waves.
It was so pretty. 


And delicious!
Even the layers inside were varied.


Last but not least,
here is a shot of the sweet birthday girl.


Hope you enjoyed viewing the party as much as I did.

Great job, Evelyn!!!!!!!

XOXO, 
Photobucket

I've been featured!!

 










52 Mantels


Photobucket









Linking up to these great parties:


Monday The Girl Creative *Craftomaniac *  Skip to my Lou * Mad in Crafts * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T. * Making The World Cuter * Alderberry Hill * So Very Creative * Singing Three Little Birds *Ask Anna * Get Outta My Head Please * Three Mango Seeds * Lisa's Craft Blog * Polly Want a Crafter * DIY Home Sweet Home * Sew Can Do *  Cooking with Karyn * An Original Belle * Destination: Craft * Toastie Studio * I should be mopping the floor * Everything Under the Moon * Jillify It

Tuesday - Tip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * Funky Polkadot Giraffe * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * Uncommon * The Southern Product Queen
Wednesday - Someday Crafts *Sew Much Ado * Tea Rose Home *A Little Tipsy * The Thrifty Home * Fireflies and Jellybeans * My Girlish Whims * Gingersnap Crafts *  Raegun Wear * The CSI Project* The Stuff of Success * Lil' Luna * The Sasse Life * Fine Craft Guild *  Go Team Duncan
Thursday - Somewhat Simple * The Shabbycreek Cottage * The 36th Avenue * Thrifty 101 * A Creative Princess * House of Hepworths * The Artsy Girl Connection * Katie's Nesting Spot * Between U and Me * A Glimpse Inside * Christina's Adventures * Made in a Day * Adventures in Dinner * Embracing Change * 52 Mantels * The Taylor House
Friday - Thirty Handmade Days * Romantic Home *Tatertots and Jello* Simply Designing * Creation Corner * Blissful and Domestic * Young and Crafty * Delicate Construction * Happy Hour Projects * Sassy Sites * A Blonde's DIY Life * Whipperberry * Little Inspiration * Serenity Now * Here Comes The Sun * Tidy Mom * Raising Oranges * Happy Go Lucky * The Grant Life * Toys in the Dryer * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Bacon Time * At the Picket Fence * Miss Mustard Seed
Saturday - Positively Splendid.com * Be Different Act Normal * Family Ever After *Lovely Crafty Home * Lollyjane * Funky Junk Interiors * Too Much Time On My Hands * Six Sisters Stuff * Country Momma Cooks * Nutmeg Place
Sunday - The DIY Showoff * Nifty Thrifty Things *Petite Hermine * I Heart Naptime * Flamingo Toes * Cherished Treasures *My 1929 Charmer * Embellishing Life Everyday * Sunday Social * Sassafras Salvation * Heatherly Love





45 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I stopped by because I'm throwing my soon to be 2 yr old a pink and light blue ice cream party and I love what you did to the Starbucks bottles! However, I love everything else too! I'll be keeping this in mind for another year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks great loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute party with so many amazing details! Such a lucky birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! This is such a pretty party :).

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God!!!How ADORABLE!!!!!
    I have a niece and her FAVOURITE princess is the Little Mermaid!!!
    I loved your party, all the details...
    Your little princess must have been thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable birthday party. Thanks for sharing!!!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend did an amazing job!! I love the cake!!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute party!! The cake is adorable!
    Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party! I'll be featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh this is so stinking cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! My little girls would be so excited about a mermaid party - pinning for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic party. Would love for you to share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Everyone will love how you decorated everything and the cake is the best! I'm your newest follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and the invitation! Following you back. :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for featuring my Megan's party! I had so much fun creating this party.

    xoxxoxoxo,
    Evelyn
    http://littlestthingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting us and letting me brag about you. You deserve it. :)

      Delete
  13. I do a party post once a month and will be linking to this party May 6th. Love it. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a gorgeous party it was! Evelyn went to so much effort and it evidently was a huge success! I love everything!

    My weekly Say G’day Saturday Linky Party is on now and I would be so thrilled if you could join in and link up this great post!

    Best wishes for a fabulous weekend!
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ho my gosh, how cute. what an awesome party. It looks like a lot of fun, and it is so creative. I think you have a wonderful blog, I'm now following you. I would like to invite you to stop by my blog and share this at my Party the Sunday Round UP. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore mermaids! This is over the top, what a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for linking up this post! Hope you come back with more of your creative ideas.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks absolutely amazing. I love the cake and cookies especially. I can't believe all your attention to detail. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fabulous party! Just shared on our FB page!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melysa, This is one of the best parties I've seen! I love that its well themed, but not based on a name brand character. The signs are the perfect touch, and I love the upcycle of the bottles for drinks! This is just hands down an awesome party- great job! I would love for you to link up to my debut of Sweet Sharing Mondays (new weekly party)! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Featured you! Love this project!!!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun idea. I especially love the decorated starbucks glasses and the cake! (by the way, I'm stopping over from the Sumo's Sweet Stuff linky party)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Totally beautiful *_* I want a party like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this so much I pined it and I'm going to use some of the ideas for my little girls party this summer! Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Round UP. I love to see what you share on your great blog.
    Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! My daughter would love this. I'll have to pin it for next year. :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this idea and you did a great job! Featured you today - come and have a look and grab a button while you are there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great theme and you carried it out throughout the party so well. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How sweet. Love the fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh your party is so cute! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday and shared your cute party ideas with us. Thanks, I hope to see you there!
    ---Sheryl---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=27605

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, that is just sooo sooo beautiful and sweet. I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Soooo darn adorable.. TOTALLY featuring you today.. Thanks SO much for sharing via Pin'Inspirational Thursday.. THIS PARTY R O C K S.. I totally pinned away : 0)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Soooo darn adorable.. TOTALLY featuring you today.. Thanks SO much for sharing via Pin'Inspirational Thursday.. THIS PARTY R O C K S.. I totally pinned away : 0)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fun party! I love all the details!

    I featured this today!

    Emily @52mantels.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful party spread. It is completely divine. Visiting from fine craft guild party.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, so cute! And not only because it's for a darling "Megan"!

    Thanks for sharing with us on Show Off Saturday!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks so much for linking up to Sweet Sharing Monday! I featured your party, why don't you come grab a button! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a cute party! Your friend is certainly talented. I love the the adorable themed foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow to everything. And that blowfish was amazing! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi! I'm featuring this on my new link party! Thanks so much for linking up!!

    Kathryn
    http://www.destinationcraft.blogspot.com/2012/04/destination-cutesy-monday-13_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. What an awesome party! I love all the details. So creative and clever. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  41. thanks so much for sharing these awesome ideas!!! holy cow, I LOVE the signs (um, well, i love everything!) and I can't wait to make them for my daughters party!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I came across one of your pics on Pinterest & just had to pin it. I also just featured this adorable party on my blog.

    http://mypollitos.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/pinterest-round-up/

    Btw- you have a new follower =)

    Abrazos,
    Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  43. This party is so cute! Your friend did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a note, we love hearing from you!